Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Featured Antique Vendor–Jo’s Antiques

Jo Rhoads has been with ARTifacts since the beginning.  I have learned something new from Jo once a month – and it is always interesting and fun!

Here is what Jo has to say about her booth.

DSCF1021

“I got the antique bug when I was a young woman.  I am addicted to auctions and I love to browse antique shops when I travel.  I love the feeling of having all those beautiful old items of interest around me.  They just “speak” to me of all the history they represent – of happy times, of hard times, of sad times, of good times and of loved ones past.  They have a way of comforting me.

DSCF1022

“Antiques are a root to our past.  As a little child, I was always fascinated by an old 18th century cupboard which sat on a back porch at my grandmother’s home in Kentucky, chucked full of glass jars filled with homemade jams, jellies, home grown gren beans and everything grown in the garden, even potatoes.  In those days, they even canned homemade sausages.DSCF1027

“After years of enjoying my personal antiques, I began collecting them to sell for others to enjoy. My motto is “I will find your antiques for you.

DSCF1028

“Although I am drawn to all types of glassware, my booths contain everything from art work to furniture.  I also specialize in vintage jewelry.” – Jo

DSCF1029

DSCF1030

DSCF1031

DSCF1032

DSCF1034

DSCF1035

DSCF1039

See you downtown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment